Thursday, March 27, 2014
Monday, March 24, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
- cassava ( a tropical plant ) She grab a handfull of it and squeeze it on to her hands.
- next she takes the cassava and takes it into the cookhouse.
- next she heats some special rocks.
- next she places half of the rocks at the bottom of a motu also known as a stone oven using a large wooden tongs.
- after that she placers the banana leaves on the motu.
- offences the leaves are in place she put cassava pulp on top of the smaller banana in the motu
- after she flatting the cassava out and makes a parcel by wrapping the leaves over top of the leaves.
- next she covers this parcel with more banana leaves.
- Using the tong’s she, she places the rest of the the hot rocks.
- on the very top of this layer of leaves, she gets heavy rock to to weigh it down.
- you have to be very patient to cook this way.
- she leaves the cassava to cook motu for three hours.
- after all this time, she takes off the hot rocks.
- she fans the parcel containing the cassava to cool it down, then carefully lift it out of the motu and leaves it to cool.
- now she shakes some of the hot rocks individually between two coconut.
- the rock are then placed in the bowl containing coconut milk had prepared some for her.
- this helps to warm up the milk to the same temperature as the cassava cooking in the motu.
- next she unwraps the parcel containing the cassava and places it in a bowl, which she gives to someone. her friend has A big bamboo that he uses to mash the cooked cassava.
- as he mashes the cassava she slowly pours in the coconut milk.
Friday, March 14, 2014
Making our writing more interesting
Below are some really boring sentences. Make them more interesting by adding adjectives and adverbs. You can also use a thesaurus to change the verb to a more interesting word.
e.g. The dog ran to get the ball.
The huge, black dog dashed quickly to fetch the red ball.
1. The lady walked across the fields.
The tall lady ran across the long, grassy field with her blue dress.
2. The cat lay on the sofa.
The fat cat lady on the comfy sofa for a very long time.
3. The bird was singing outside the window.
A baby bird sitting on the bay window sing their songs.
4. The boy kicked the ball over the fence.
A small boy smashed his ball over the white picket fence.
5. The man smiled at the lady.
The frail old man walking the dog smiled at the young, smiling lady walking.
6. The puppies played in the park.
The puppies played with other pups in the park.
7. The children laughed at the clown.
The small children laugh at the funny clown.
8. The teacher frowned at the school children.
The young teacher was not happy with what the children were doing.
9. The carpet feels nice between my toes.
The soft carpet felt nice between their toes.
10. The dog yawned.
The old dogs was tied so he yawned.
11. The garden was full of flowers.
The big garden was filled with alot of flowers.
12.The sea was quiet and calm.
The small boat cruised over the calm sea
13.The trees were moving in the wind.
The biggest tree was swing in the wind
14.The sky was blue with lots of clouds.
The bright sky was was very hot but the clouds helped it cool down
15.The snow was white and felt soft.
The show was cold but very soft.
16.The birds were flying high in the sky.
The little birds were flying so high in the sky that I could not see.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
How I Get To School Before 8.30
At Pt England School the year 7’s start at 8:30. In my warm bed I do not want to hear these words get up lee at seven O’Clock on the dot when my mum said those world I scream in my head “nooooooooooooo”!. I lift my blanket off me I put my toe on the floor “BRRRRRRR”! the floor is cold” me and my sister race down the the cold stares into the living room to find out who would turn the TV on first I did. I got my uniform ready and put it on when I put my clothes on the ground became warm.”That’s a relief.
I grabbed the milk out of the fridge and I went to the table eat some weet-bix they were delicious. As I munch away my favorite show aired on it is could regular show after I finished breakfast I cleaned my bowl and spoon after that I sat down with my mum and watched my her TV. Then at eight o’clock I brush my teeth and then I get my shoes and then I go in the car and we leave.
On the way to school I put my shoes on the way to school. I give my mum a kiss and a huge and then my sister and I cross the road and I walk into the class and then place my bag under my chair and then go outside and say hi to Faaiua, Vaifoa, Iisa and Eric then the bell ring I say “bye you guys”. I walk in to the the door I see Miss Paget after we are all seated we Miss Paget marks the role and then she say netbook technicians hand out the netbook. as they hand out the netbook she call’s peoples name out.
After she finish the role Miss Paget tell us to do writing gave to complete this in a week this is going to be a long week