Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Stranded

Never in my life had I thought that I’d end up here. On an island with my friend Lee. I remember the night before. The plane that I was on sunk into the ocean. Me and Lee escaped with our lives. But we’ve never been stranded before, except when it came to Minecraft, so our survival skills weren’t that weak.

We knew that at night there were these things that would come and go for the kill. After all, there was this cave with zombies in it.

We got started straight away. There was only one tree there, so I had to make the most of the opportunity. After 20 painful tree cutting hours, I finally got the wood. I made some wooden planks, to use later on.

Since there was only one tree, our house had to be made of dirt, as there were tons of it. It went well, until we got to the roof. The dirt kept falling down, so I went to got some clay. Lee used some of the planks to make a pickaxe.

Lee came back with enough cobblestone to make a furnace. I came back with lots of clay. But we had a problem. We hadn’t got anything to burn the clay, except for the wood.

I ran outside, looking for any more trees. None. When it seemed like we’d never use the precious wood again, I saw a sapling. If I planted it, then it’d grow into another tree. I saw another sapling.

There were 3 of them, so that meant that we would have 3x the wood. After planting them, I ran to Lee and told him the news. So we cooked the clay, and came out with bricks. We finished the roof by 5:30 p.m. The sun was going down.

Lee decided to make some beds, so he went out to the sheep, and started to tear off their wool. I used some sand to make glass. Now, we could watch the sun set, and we could know when it was safe to go outside.

I used the remaining wooden planks(6 of them), to make a door. Lee came back. “Hey uh..” He exclaimed, “The sheep ran away. I’ve only got enough wool for one bed.”
“Damn! Who’s gonna stay up and guard the house!?”
“What do you mean? You said that if there were enough, then we’d both sleep.”
“I mean that we’d go to sleep with swords in our hands.”
“Ooooh.”

Lee jumped into the bed.
“I’m sleepy. You guard the house.”
I glared angrily at Lee. But Lee was in the bed, so I had no choice but to protect the house. I walked out, and looked at the cave. I was trembling. Was this a good idea? Then, I heard a stomp. It got louder. And louder. And louder. And lou--. It turned out to be a cow. I did a facepalm. Scared of a cow? Crazy.

But then a zombie ran out.
“EEP!” I screamed in horror. I threw the sword right at the zombie. It fell on the ground. As I picked up the sword, all the zombies ran out at me. I ran up a hill. The zombies had cornered me.

The sun came up just in time. For some reason, the zombies hated the sun. Maybe they were vampires. Then, a slow zombie got set on fire. It was squealing, but I didn’t want to help it. After all, it tried to kill me.The zombie died right in front of the cave.

“Suffer.” I said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walked back to the house. Lee was busy making a pumpkin pie. “I found a pumpkin, egg, and some sugar cane.
“Cool! Can I have some I asked.
“Sorry,”
“What do you mean, sorry?”
“You don’t deserve it.” At that moment I went angry.
“FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!!!!”
“Whoa dude calm down,”
“I DESERVE THAT PIE MORE THAN YOU DO!! WHO RISKED THEIR LIFE TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!!?? HUH!?”
“Oh, no-one.”
“FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!!!”
“Look man I’m sorry!”
“Really?”
“Okay, the pie’s your’s.”
“AWWW YEAH!” I gobbled the pie up. It was delicious. After breakfast, I took Lee the the cave.
“Pretty freaky, eh?” I asked Lee. He agreed. Should we walk in? Or should we not? That was the new question. I walked in. I had plenty of torches, and the sword that I used. It wasn’t that scary, the cave. In fact, I even found some iron! But as I was getting the goods, A zombie ran at me.

I searched for my sword, and I saw a zombie pick it up.
“WHY DID I THROW MY SWORD LIKE THAT WHEN THE IRON CAME!??!” I screamed. When it seemed like I’d get slain, Lee came for me. He shot an arrow at the zombies. That made them even angrier, but they were further away.
“Dude, c’mon! Run out the cave!” Lee yelled.
“Gladly!”

For some reason, I knew that trouble was still to come. I was right. The sun had gone down when we were in the cave, so when we came out the zombies kept following.
“So,” I asked. “Any bright idea’s?”
“Nope. Not one.”
“I’ve got one.”
“What?”
“RUN!” We ran so fast that it made Usain Bolt look like a rock. But the zombies didn’t give up up. They ran at the door, trying to break it.
“Any other bright idea’s?” Lee asked.
“Either die hiding, or live mining.”
“Let’s mine!”
“Agreed!” And we went all the way down. Then, we hit a cave. There were zombies. Now, me and Lee were stuck. Zombies everywhere. Nowhere to go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what did we do? We had nothing. The zombies ran at us. I was almost paralyzed with fear.

“What now?” Lee asked desperately. I looked down. Of course! We had to dig straight down. I told Lee, and he immediately went down. I followed. The zombies did as well, but by then the fall was too great for anything to survive.
“YAY!” Lee cried.
“We did it!” We were overjoyed. I hugged Lee in relief. Then, something caught my eye. Gold.

“Lee, look behind you!”
“I thought there weren’t any zombies...GOLD!! Let’s get it!”
“WAIT!!”
“What’s wrong?”
“Our pickaxes aren’t strong enough.” We both looked at our pickaxes. A tear ran down Lee’s cheek.
“C’mon,”Lee said sadly, “let’s go.

I felt sad for Lee. Going through all that trouble just to find out that we couldn’t get gold. Then, I remembered something. When we in the cave, I got iron. We could use it to make an iron pickaxe, and get the goods.

I told Lee, and the his pupils went from brown to green money signs.
“Are you alright?” I asked. Lee didn’t answer. He just ran to the gold area.
“I’m gonna be rich!!” Lee yelled. I did a facepalm. We didn’t even make the iron pickaxe yet.

“WAIT A MINUTE!!” Lee screamed.
“This is a pickaxe of stone! You lied to me!”
“We haven’t even MADE the pickaxe yet. Stop whining.” Lee climbed up, and when he got to the stairs, I called to Lee. He turned around. A zombie had a sword and it ran at Lee. He took out the stone pickaxe, and used it to fight. Lee was the better fighter, and it seemed like he’d win. He did. The zombie ran away.

Lee came back inside, but the he ran at me. My eyes followed him. Then, SHUNK! The zombie Lee fought went round to stab me, but Lee sacrificed himself. But because of that, I was in so much trouble.

A zombie with a sword ready to kill. My only help had sacrificed himself, leaving me alone. Defenceless.
“Lee’s lucky that he’s in the afterlife!” I muttered.
The zombie walked closer to me. I didn’t know what to do. Then I looked at the furnace. Then the chest. Maybe I could shove the zombie in the furnace and hide in the chest. No. That wouldn’t work. The zombie had a sword.

Then I looked at the crafting table. The iron pickaxe! It was lying there when the zombie came to stab me. I picked it up, and then it was like one of those action movie sword-fighting scenes. Except I had a pickaxe.

Luckily for me, the zombie had my wooden sword, and soon enough the sword broke. The zombie looked like it was begging for mercy. I felt no mercy at all. I took the zombie to the furnace, and shoved it in.

“You kill my friend,” I said angrily, “I take your life.”

When the next day rolled around, I was slowly walking around the island. I don’t think I could last another night. Then, I heard a boat. My head spun around to the approaching boat.

It was getting closer. And closer. Then, I saw 2 people. My friend Vaifoa. We first met on Minecraft, and now I see him come to my rescue. I took a breath of relief. Time to go home.

But then something bad happened. A stupid squid came mindlessly up and broke the boat. I ran to save my friend. When I got him out of the water, I told him of what happened recently.

He was shocked. I turned back to Vaifoa. The squid was on in head. I helped take it off. But then the island shook.
“What was that!?” Vaifoa asked.
“Probably that active volcano.”
“WHAT!? You never told me!”
“Well hey! I only noticed the volcano now!”
“What! You never noticed a massive volcano which your house is right next to!?” The island rumbled again.

Me and Vaifoa decided to fix the boat. We spent day and night working on it. And by the next day it was almost done, when disaster struck. The volcano erupted. We tested the boat, but it needed power. Where could we get power? From the lava.

The lava got closer.

And closer.

And closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment